Effective Ways to Handle Mold Issues in Residential and Commercial Properties
A Few Essential Things to Know about Mold Inspection and Remediation
Mold is not just a smelly nuisance. It has the capability of growing in less than 48 hours. It can discolor and damage your property including home and businesses. It can also initiate health concerns if left unchecked. If you have mold exposure then you, other residents in the house, your business customers and employees may experience a number of problems. There is only one way to get rid of these and that is mold removal. It can be a difficult task if you don’t have the right equipment with you. So, hire a professional company such as SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and the Islands to get mold remediation through highly trained restoration workers. They will restore your property “Like it never even happened.”
Reasons Behind Mold Growth
The most favorable place for mold to grow are areas with high moisture levels. The reason behind the moisture content may be the lack of ventilation, broken pipes or malfunctioning appliances, disasters such as flooding, plumbing problems or even water damage associated with firefighting efforts. If you find signs of water damage in your house, get it fixed to avoid letting the mold grow. Get help from our professional and experienced company to make your property mold-free.
In order to get rid of the problem, the first thing to do is identification. The best way to carry out this job is to take a visit around your property. Thoroughly check all the areas with your premises. The same strategy goes for commercial properties and businesses. Do the following things while inspecting mold:
- Make a list of the areas that are affected.
- Look behind the cabinets in kitchens, laundry rooms, powder rooms, bathrooms, etc.
- Inspect basement and attic.
- Have a look behind the cupboards. In addition to this, look into your storerooms or places that have not been opened for a long time.
Mold presence is accompanied by a musty odor. The process of deodorizing is a key consideration in the removal process. Mold remediation process is not a DIY step, you need to bring in professional mold removal crew for this task. They use specialized equipment and commercial-grade anti-microbial agents for the removal.
Here’s a four-step remediation process:
- The first thing to be done is the identification of mold. This procedure can be carried out by using moisture meters, and in advanced approaches, thermal imaging is also used. After this, protocols are designed to overcome moisture issues.
- Visual inspection of the property is done to figure out what factors may be causing the growth. The conditions are documented for designing a specific testing procedure.
- Isolation of the area is done in order to protect surrounding areas during the process of removal. The spreading of mold spores is avoided in this step.
- The affected area is dried out completely to ensure that no water content is left behind.
In homes, the places that get most easily affected by mold are bathrooms, kitchens, basements, attics, garages, and laundry rooms. In commercial or municipal buildings; bathrooms and kitchens, cafeterias, gyms with showering or pool areas, HVAC systems, and any area that has high moisture content will be an ideal breeding ground for mold. As told earlier, firefighting efforts may also give rise to mold problems. During firefighting, water leakage can happen and which in turn can create an untidy situation leading to mold growth. Contact SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and the Islands to avail fire damage restoration through our highly trained restoration workers.
To get more information regarding the mold removal, give us a call at (508) 888-5985.