5 Steps for Mold Remediation
5 Steps for Mold Remediation
Mold growth is a common but very agitating experience for a homeowner since it is an aesthetic and healthy nuisance. It is a fungus that grows in filaments and extends its growth to different areas if it remains unchecked. Proper removal and precautions are a must in order to overcome it. If you are weary of mold growth and are looking for instant, effective mold removal, then you can get in touch with SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and the Islands for its services regarding mold remediation in Cape Cod. We offer expert and factory trained restoration crew to bring back the aesthetic appeal of your house.
Here is a list of steps that are included in mold remediation:
Evaluate Moisture Content
The key factor that initiates mold growth is moisture. Assessing moisture content in the premises is very essential. Mold is an invisible invader that covers spaces which might not be visible to the naked eye. This growth will be found behind walls, inside cabinets in kitchens, on walls in a bathroom, behind the bathtubs, and surrounding window or wall near a wardrobe. It is essential to properly check these areas to evaluate the damage. You should take pictures in order to tell the restoration technicians where the mold removal should be carried out.
Analyze Extent of Contamination
Mold growth is not specified to an area as it spreads slowly but eventually to other areas as well. The analysis of its contamination will highlight its impact, according to which its way of clean-up is defined. Mold spores are also a concern that should be kept in mind while analyzing it because proper removal will ensure complete eradication of spores. These spread in the air and can cause health effects for some individuals.
Remediate Mold Contamination
This step involves the removal and clean-up that should be done to clear the affected area. After proper calculation of area, a remediation plan is designed and implemented according to the size of the area whether it is small or isolated. If you are looking to get effective mold restoration in Cape Cod, employ the services of SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and the Islands to restore the beauty of your house.
Tips for DIY Cleanup Process
The following are a few tips that are utilized for better cleaning of mold:
- Repair any and all water leakages as this will fix the moisture content to prevent the growth of mold
- For isolated areas, cover the surrounding door and window if the affected area is small, but if the area is large, then cover with polyethylene sheets
- Remove all wet and mold affected materials and items
- Discard the affected item in a thick biodegradable plastic bag with airtight seal
- Use mask and gloves to protect yourself
- For cleaning, wood surfaces and non-porous materials, use a brush and then wipe it with disposable wipes. Numerous cleaners are available in the market. However, you can also use homemade cleaner for mold prevention
- Properly check the area for dirt. Dry the place properly to minimize the chance of mold growth
- Repair or completely replace items and materials that have been affected by mold growth
Give It a Final Examination
A complete full examination of the house should be carried out once the cleanup process is done. The affected areas must be monitored first. This will ensure you that the cleanup has been done efficiently. Also, inspect other areas of the house to check for signs of mold growth. Once you are satisfied with the results, you will be ensured with better peace of mind within your house.