Bourne Burned Contents Can Benefit from SERVPRO Cleanup and Restoration Skills
Basics For Cleaning Fire Damage On Your Property In Bourne
Cleaning and restoration after a fire in your Bourne home, typically cost less than disposal and outright replacement. Resurfacing is another costly option, where you hire someone to re-paint surfaces, re-cover upholstered items, or re-finish wood contents. Restoration technicians apply the basic principles and elements of cleaning to restore materials to a quality preloss condition.
We help limit any losses you might experience when restoring fire damage in your Bourne area home. The goal is to clean and remove any trace of the fire incident from your property, “Like it never even happened.” Giving you access to restorers with years of experience, training, advanced equipment, as well as local resources that you can count on to complete the task.
SERVPRO technicians can inspect the area near the source of the fire and trace to see how far smoke traveled. We use our Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to identify different types of residue. Our technicians help determine which cleaning method and products serve as the most effective solution on an existing surface.
SERVPRO restoration teams capture and remove residues smoke leaves behind, removing the bond using both wet and dry cleaning processes. However, some materials are not restorable because they cannot withstand the cleaning process. We help you communicate losses to your insurance company and use local, state, and federal guidelines for proper disposal of debris and cleaning waste.
Basic Principles of Cleaning:
• Inspect the affected area.
• Identify the type of residue.
• Identify the surface material.
• Capture and remove residues.
• Dispose of residues.
At SERVPRO, we combine these principles with the four elements of cleaning to perform quality cleaning and restoration services throughout the area. We understand your situation and use every weapon in our arsenal to suspend and remove residues after a fire.
Four Elements of Cleaning:
1. Temperature – Heat increases the speed of chemical reactions in cleaning products.
2. Agitation – We use towels, brushes, air and water pressure, and sonic vibrations in ultrasonic machines to agitate surfaces, dislodge residues, and distribute cleaning products.
3. Chemical Action – Your restorer selects the proper cleaning product depending on the desired action, such as dissolving, emulsifying, bleaching, oxidizing, changing pH, or digesting.
4. Time – There is often a dwell time involved in the use of professional cleaning and deodorization products that can vary, depending on the product and the type of residue.
Contact the team at SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and The Islands for access to full-service cleanup and restoration services today. (508) 888-5985