Got Mold? The Do's & Do Not's Of Mold Remediation.
When a home suffers a water damage event, a mold infestation can quickly arise and spread throughout a home in 48-72 hours. Because mold can produce allergens and irritants, you will want a professional that has training and experience to properly resolve the mold infestation. If you suspect that your Sandwich home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and The Islands can inspect, assess and remediate your property.
Here are examples of some Do's and Do Not's Of Mold Remediation:
- Try not to disturb mold colonies after you've located them. Air motion will send millions of viable spore into the air, cross-contaminating the rest of the room/structure. In other words...no fans!
- Trying to kill mold with bleach or other fungicides does not remove the toxins from the air. A dead spore will continue to give off toxins until it is removed.
- Mold will grow as long as there is enough moisture and a food source. Mold spores can stay dormant for up to 10 years until the right conditions can stimulate the growth.
- Do not think that mold won’t hurt you. Mold is an airborne pathogen and as such it can seriously harm your health
- Sealing and painting over mold does not kill the mold or remove the toxins. It is only a short-term fix while poor health symptoms will continue.
- Make sure to wear a respirator with P100 hepa filtration cartridges, protective eye wear, gloves, long sleeve shirts and long pants when handling and/or examining mold. This is for your protection!!!
- And finally, do call a certified mold removal and remediation professional like SERVPRO Upper Cape Cod & The Islands to get a professional assessment of your mold issues
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and The Islands is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities: