What Contaminants Might Be Present with Basement Flooding in Sandwich?
Flood damage presents unique challenges after a storm in Sandwich – Hire SERVPRO for basement flooding cleanup!
When looking at the town of Sandwich, Massachusetts, you may not think there is much to it. Smaller in size than many tourist stops in the state, Sandwich happens to be the oldest town in all of Cape Cod. Throughout the historic district in town, you will find a beautiful town hall situated by Dexter Grist Mill, making for excellent photo opportunities.
Indigenous peoples for thousands of years initially occupied cape Cod. The town of Sandwich was settled in 1937 by a group of Europeans from Saugus under permission from the Plymouth Colony. There are many extraordinary historic homes located in the town of Sandwich, including:
- Benjamin Holway House, originally built in 1789
- Benjamin Nye Homestead, constructed in 1678
Sandwich, Massachusetts, was also home to an early Quaker settlement. Today, the town still plays host to annual Quaker meetings.
There are Plenty of Beautiful Natural Attractions to Experience in Sandwich, Massachusetts
Due to the location of Sandwich, you have several incredible coastal attractions to take in. Whether you want to explore a local beach or take in the sights from a State Reservation, there is a lot to put into your day trip schedule, including:
- Sandy Neck Beach – Situated on Sandy Neck Road, this is a lovely little stretch of scenic beachfront. As part of the charm that comes from 'all that is Cape Cod,' this is a lovely spot to enjoy hiking, birdwatching, or simply soaking up the sun and salty sea air.
- Scusset Beach State Reservation – This little spot is located on Scusset Beach Road, where you will find a strip of beach with clean sand for spending time with a book or watching the kids building sandcastles. There is also a rocky jetty that is just right for exploration to look for crabs or to cast your line to try your hand at fishing.
- Green Briar Nature Center and Jam Kitchen – Located on Discovery Hill Road, this destination features lovely nature trails, whimsical gardens, and an on-site jam-making kitchen. Browse the gift shop, take home so jam, or snap a few pictures of the animals on the grounds.
Basement Flooding After a Sandwich Storm Brings Pesky Microbes – SERVPRO Can Handle Your Flood Damage Cleanup Needs!
Emergency services water damage assistance is critical once your basement gets flooded after a major storm rolls through Sandwich. Not only could there be a leaking roof from storms, but the flood water coming into your basement is loaded with potential contaminants. Letting this fester for too long brings harmful microbial growth.
Flood damage in Sandwich is best left to the skilled technicians at SERVPRO so you can ensure you get the results you need. We work to:
- Facilitate water clean up fast while reducing relative humidity to below 60% to help inhibit mold growth.
- Arrive at your property quickly to start water removal services to cut down on costly secondary damage.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Put containment barriers in place to limit the tracking of contaminants into unaffected zones
Call SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and The Islands at (508) 888-5985 when you need prompt flood damage restoration after a recent storm.