How Do I Know if My Carpet Pads and Floors are Wet Under the Carpet in Falmouth?
Our Skilled SERVPRO Technicians Working in Falmouth Restore Your Carpet
Excessive water leaking onto your carpet requires quick attention. It is not always as simple as letting the carpet dry on its own, even if the water is clean. Effectively extracting water may be more difficult in a humid climate like that of Cape Cod.
Technicians use Moisture Sensors to Detect Excess Water
Water Removal in your Falmouth home first requires that you detect and then possibly measure moisture levels. SERVPRO technicians use moisture sensors with long sharp probes to penetrate through carpet and padding, reaching to the floor underneath to determine the presence of water. Then, they may use moisture meters to determine the amount of moisture present.
How Do Technicians Remove the Water?
- Water extraction is key. The more passes made with portable extraction equipment, the better as it expedites the drying process.
- Self-propelled extraction moves throughout the impacted areas as a technician stands on them, using their weight as they ride around the carpet, vacuuming up as much water as possible.
- Restoration professionals may also use stationary extraction equipment that uses the technician's weight as it removes water in one location. The technician then moves it to another section after 10-15 seconds.
Why Do SERVPRO Technicians Use Air Movers and Dehumidifiers?
- Air movement, ventilation, and dehumidification are all critical in effectively drying the carpet to prohibit mold colonies from forming.
- Air movers move warm, dry air over the impacted carpet while dehumidifiers pull moisture from the air.
Removing soaked carpet may be tempting; however, our professionals have the tools and techniques to dry and restore your carpet adequately. For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod and The Islands at (508) 888-5985. We make it, "Like it never even happened."
More about Falmouth.