A Safety Message from SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod & The Islands
We want to wish everyone a healthy and prosperous New Year and remind folks to dispose of their Christmas trees by taking them to a recycling location or make sure they get picked up by the appropriate service.
And please refrain from trying to burn your tree in a fireplace or wood stove-especially dry ones! Each year chimney fires occur when Christmas trees are burned in fireplaces or wood stoves. Live Christmas trees are usually very dry by the time they are taken down, and burning a tree in a fireplace or wood stove can cause a dangerous chimney fire, which can lead to a house fire. According to The National Fire Protection Association, while chimney fires caused by Christmas trees are rare, they should be avoided because of the possibility of a very intense and dangerous fire.
SERVPRO of Upper Cape Cod & The Islands is here to help 24/7 if you have a situation that needs cleanup or call us at 508-888-5985.